Paul writes in 1 Cor 16:13, "Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong." The purpose of Grace Men's Ministry is to challenge and equip men to walk with God in strength and sincerity. We believe that understanding and living out the gospel is the source of the transformation that we need as men. We do not stand strong simply by trying harder, but by believing in and resting in the truth that Christ has forgiven our sin, covered our failure, provided for our inadequacies, and empowers us to live for him on a moment by moment basis.
Our purpose is to glorify God by making, establishing and maturing men as disciples of Christ.
As the gospel call goes out, disciples are made by the power of God and the witness of our lives.
Establishing Men as DisciplesThe gospel forms the foundation for growth in our lives. All that we do, from our study of God's word to hiking in the mountains together, grows out of and is informed by the great news that God has saved us and is at work forming Christ in our lives individually as well as corporately.
Maturing Men as Disciples
As the truth of the gospel permeates our lives, it becomes the basis and
motivation for all that fill our lives: family, work, ministry, hobbies, etc.
Proverbs 27:17 - "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." If we are to grow as disciples of Christ, then it will not happen alone. Relationships with other men are essential for encouragement, challenge and accountability.
- Men's Bible Studies - Our men's Bible studies are for anyone who desires to learn from and be challenged by scripture. Whether or not you are familiar with the Bible, these studies will help you grow in your understanding and application of God's word. They are Biblically centered, interactive, and provide a safe place to come with questions, doubts and concerns.
- Retreats and Gatherings- We also provide opportunities for larger gatherings for teaching and interaction throughout the year.
- Sports and Outdoor Events- We sponsor a number of events each year to help men connect in other, more active ways.
- From Within the Heart: Understanding and Dealing with Desire - Dan Rudman
- Discipline of an Athlete- 2 Tim 2 - Guest Speaker Scott Huffman
- What Courage has to do with Love - Guest Speaker Kim Grubbs
- Wrestling with God - Rick Pratte
See all sermons from this service.
See all photos from this gallery.
Grace EPC Flickr Gallery
Men's Ministry Staff
Phone: (785)- 843-2005 ext 109